Paranoia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crit vs. Armor Pen

+2
gamer lord
Razor
6 posters

Go down

Crit vs. Armor Pen Empty Crit vs. Armor Pen

Post  Razor Sat May 21, 2011 4:11 pm

They both have there places on some champs. Crit% build + Crit damage runes = chunks of life. Armor pen build + Armor pen Runes = more constant damage but not big chunks of life. EXAMPLE: Yi with 80% crit chance and 50% crit damage could crit for potential 800 on a double swing. Tristana with an armor pen build can ignore a % of the reduction of armor so she will hit harder. Either build calls for some attack speed tho to add to the danger of phys damage Smile
Razor
Razor
Recruitment Officer
Recruitment Officer

Back to top Go down

Crit vs. Armor Pen Empty Re: Crit vs. Armor Pen

Post  gamer lord Sat May 21, 2011 4:23 pm

although the appeal of crit and doing alot of dmg looks nice, it is usuallly better off to go armor pen because u can't crit a tower.

not to say crit doesn't have it's place on nitch champions like trynd or....well that the only champ that needs crit now.

also alright to build IE on a right-click carry isn't a good idea but let's be honest IE is mostly for AD, and the complementary zeal/dancer is for mvt spd and atk sp.

just my 2c

P.S. im bias to crit cuz they nerfed it

gamer lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxil Sat May 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Isn't the armor pen cap 40? Because with my build, i cap out the armor pen with quintessences and marks, use the rest for crit damage, and focus ingame on crit chance/attack speed items. Works fucking wonders with Miss Fortune.
Maxil
Maxil

https://www.facebook.com/Teh.Maxil

Back to top Go down

Post  gamer lord Sat May 21, 2011 4:28 pm

not to get nit-picky but Mf not really a right click champ, mostly u want to linger around team fight pokeing w/ Q&R so most Mf will get bloodthirsts to max there AD and live longer.

gamer lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxil Sat May 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Atm, i'm firing off potshots while laning, reducing the enemy to nothing, and in team fights, my auto attack is enough to kill a champ in 5 or less shots, so it seems to work well, if problems arise i'll start changing shit up, but yano Razz
Maxil
Maxil

https://www.facebook.com/Teh.Maxil

Back to top Go down

Post  Snorty Sat May 21, 2011 9:53 pm

That's true Maxil, however look at it this way.

Lets say you are critting for 500 damage. That's pretty decent.

Divide that by 2.5 and you get 200 damage. For an auto attack that's pretty decent.

Now once you start going into the 300's with your Auto attack, you times that by 2.5 and you get 750 with a crit, then paired with your on hit effects from your Trinity Force, you Executioners Calling and whatever else you get, I'm sure you could hit at least 1000 damage per hit, if you built a bit more damage.

Now for attack speed, with berserkers greaves, a phantom dancer, your W active, you should hit about 1.8 attack speed with that. That's pretty fucking decent.

Now Crit with your avarice blade, phantom dancer, your Infinity edge and your executioners calling...that should damn well be or extremely close to 100%, because afterward you can use elixirs to reach that 100% if needed, as I don't think they wear off when you die. They are on a set timer.
Snorty
Snorty
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

https://paranoiaclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenopuff Sun May 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Crit and armor pen, its all about what champ ur usin. I prefer armor pen on around 80% of all champs. BUT on champs like Vayne and the legend, Shaco i take crit over Armor pen anyday. ive played shaco with crits 1500+dam 2,5 HPS cause of his passive.

Xenopuff

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperStishious Sun May 22, 2011 10:57 pm

you'd have to do the math but essentially. lets say every auto attak is 100 damage (for sake of math) getting crit can double this amount to 200(assuming 100% crit and 1 attack per second) and the enemy has 100 armor
your attacks WITHOUT crit would do 50 damage, with the 100% crit 100 damage per attack
Now armor pen and reduction come in Reduction can go below zero and increase your damage further then the 100 you would get if they had 0 armor. Penetration can only take it to 0 but no further. I have no idea how to theorycraft this effectively but at a certain point its better to get (crit, attack speed, armor penetration.) Penetration allows you to do true damage to enemies which then let's play our enemy is at 0 armor.
'Crits get 200 damage, but is it better(the cost of item. how much does 1 % of attack speed "cost" same with 1 AD and 1%crit)
to get 100% crit more auto attack damage but 0% crit
or more attacks that keep doing 100 damage. its the age old question and if i spent a LONG time i could figure this out, and might what day to better theorycraft for items on whether armor pen, crit, flat damage, or attack speed is better. and at what point does it no longer become useful to get (2.5 attk speed, 100% crit etc.)

SuperStishious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum